Sunlight picture

Sunlight picture
Some of our hostel girls gathering for a picture at sunset. "For God, who said, 'Let light shine out of darkness,' made His light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God's glory displayed in the face of Christ" (2 Corinthians 4:6).

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Midnight Thoughts

It's 1:00 am right now and I just can't sleep. I'm too excited about India and want to write all about it some more. Here I sit in my cluttered living room, mesmerized by the shining lights on our Christmas tree -- which seems an odd fixture in the midst of the suitcases and various items strewn across the floor. I know it's a bit early to start packing, but I can't help that either. I'm bringing along lots of school supplies and other lovely things for the children at the Home. There are crayons and pencils and flashcards (for learning English words) and tennis balls and skipping ropes ... Imagine being excited about crayons at this time of night!

God is faithful. That is where it all begins and ends and stands in between.

There are so many stories about His faithfulness throughout this journey so far; I am completely blown away. And with the wide, expectant eyes of a child, I wonder, what's next? 

He is above and beyond anything we can ask, think or imagine. When we allow our will to be swallowed up by His, when we obey His gentle voice and follow His leading, the path beneath our feet is ever sure. One of my favourite passages in Scripture is this:

"As for God, His way is perfect: The Lord's word is flawless; He shields all who take refuge in Him. For who is God besides the Lord? And who is the Rock except our God? It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer, He causes me to stand on the heights" (2 Samuel 22:31-14).

What victory, strength and abundance is promised to those who are His! O, that we would always have that soft, child-like heart to trust Him fully each day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment