Sunlight picture

Sunlight picture
Some of our hostel girls gathering for a picture at sunset. "For God, who said, 'Let light shine out of darkness,' made His light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God's glory displayed in the face of Christ" (2 Corinthians 4:6).

Monday, January 10, 2011

"Come With Me"

The long-awaited day is finally here. In a few short hours I will be boarding the plane which will connect in Toronto, Frankfurt and finally Bangalore, India. The trip will take two days in total -- which could be exhausting -- but I've never been on a plane before, so everything will be interesting to me. The verse I read this morning was from the Song of Songs (one of my favourite books in the Bible):

"Arise, come, my darling; 
my beautiful one, come with me" 
 (Song of Songs 2:13).

We are the Lord's beloved and He calls us to come away with Him. There can be nothing sweeter than following Jesus wherever He leads, knowing that He and He alone is our heart's desire. So off I go to India, not really knowing what's ahead of me, but trusting in the One who does. Goodbye Canada!

"You will keep in perfect peace 
those whose minds are steadfast, 
because they trust in You (Isaiah 26:3).

1 comment:

  1. Really excited for you Gracie!!!
    Hope you're safe and sound over there and that you are adjusting to the new culture and life! :)

    ReplyDelete